Once in a while, your LinkedIn account needs a thorough cleaning due to many reasons. Whether you are annoyed by those spam-filled messages or don’t know about any of your connections, you can delete a contact from your LinkedIn network.
Here we will show you how to do that and what will be the outcomes of this move.
Continue reading and find the answers!
Below, we will cover:
- Removing a contact from LinkedIn: Some common reasons.
- How to remove a LinkedIn connection? Easy methods.
- How to remove connections on LinkedIn from the mobile app?
- What happens when you remove a contact from your network?
- Can I remove multiple LinkedIn connections at once?
- Are LinkedIn connections reported or get notified when I remove them?
- Deleting LinkedIn contacts: Conclusion
Removing connections or contacts from LinkedIn: the common reasons
If you are angry and irritated by a user’s irrelevant posts, you can remove them at any time, but you have another option as well. The option is to hide their content. Here is how to do it:
First, you need to click on the right-side corner of an unwanted status.
Then select “Unfollow.”
Now that was just a start. Let’s discuss why you should remove any of your LinkedIn contact or connection? Some common reasons for this action are:
- The contact is filled with spam.
- If you have, export your existing or phone contacts to LinkedIn.
- You came across any fake account. (report them as well before removing
- If you switched your field.
How can you remove a LinkedIn contact or connection? Quick and Easy Methods:
Removing a LinkedIn contact is simple. Here is the method:
Remove contact via your Connections page:
- On the top side of the main page, look for the “Network” icon and click on it.
- Now, choose the “Connections” option from the left rail and select the contact you want to delete from the list.
- Next, press the “More” button and click on the “Remove connection.”
- Lastly, confirm your actions on the pop-up browser.
Remove LinkedIn connection via the connection’s profile:
- In the main search bar on your home page, write the connection’s name that you want to remove.
- Now, navigate to their profile.
- Next, in their introduction card, click on the “More” button.
- Then choose “Remove connection” from the menu.
How to remove connections on LinkedIn from the mobile app?
Just like LinkedIn’s desktop version, it is very much possible for you to delete the connections from LinkedIn’s mobile app. You can remove any connection from the user’s profile page or the Connections page.
If you know the user name of the connection that you want to delete, enter the name into the main search bar and go to their profile.
Next, look for the three small dots next to their user name and press the “Remove Connection” button and confirm your action by hitting the “Remove Connection” option one more time.
Otherwise, you have to do it from the Connections page:
- First, open LinkedIn’s official app and log into your account.
- Now, click on the connections button located at the bottom side and choose “View Connections.” However, if your screen’s topside shows the “My Communities” option, click on it and press “Connections” from the next menu.
- Now scroll through your contacts and find the one that you wish to delete from your connections. After finding the name, click on the three little dots and hit the “Remove Connection” feature.
- Confirm your actions by tapping “Remove Connection” again from the pop-up window.
What happens when you delete a contact from the LinkedIn network?
Keep in mind that when you remove a connection on LinkedIn, they won’t be reported. Unless and until you forgot to change your surfing mode beforehand. Users can see that you visited the profile and guess why you are not connected to them anymore.
To use LinkedIn’s private mode: go to your profile image at the topside of the main page, and then look for the Setting & Privacy option.
Under the “Privacy” tab, look for the “How others see your LinkedIn activity” option, and in this tab, select the Private browsing mode and save the actions.
Note that when you delete a LinkedIn connection, you will not find any recommendation and endorsement as they will also be deleted, even when you want to connect with the deleted connection again.
You won’t be their 1st-degree connection, and their user profile will not be visible to you in the contacts section.
Can I remove multiple LinkedIn connections at once?
No, currently, there is no option on LinkedIn to delete multiple connections or contacts. However, you can use third-party tools to delete bulk LinkedIn connections.
Are LinkedIn connections reported or get notified when I remove them?
No, they are not. Like some other social media sites, LinkedIn users will not get notified when the connection is deleted.
However, all recommendations or endorsements between the users will also be removed once the contact gets deleted. Furthermore, you cannot restore them even if you want to reconnect with the user again.
Deleting LinkedIn contacts: Conclusion
Deleting LinkedIn contacts are not useful for you is the first step to organize your profile. By doing so, you can connect with the right users and like-minded users. Job and time often change; many of us want to weed out our old contacts and connections.
Although you can hide those LinkedIn connections, deleting such connections from your network opens doors for new opportunities.
In the end, we hope that this post gives you the information that you were looking for and best of luck!