LinkedIn allows for personal and group conversations among users. Although LinkedIn is a well-managed and professional platform, spam and bullies are common, and often, these spammy messages can create a mess in your inbox.
While you can effortlessly delete or block your LinkedIn connections, you can also delete the messages that you find spammy and useless.
Next, we will show you how to do it along with other necessary info:
Sending messages on LinkedIn:
You have three different options when you want to send a message on LinkedIn:
- You can enter the user’s name in the search bar that you want to message.
- Go to LinkedIn messaging to do so.
- Or you can use any LinkedIn messaging, too, or C.R.M.
The first option is simple, just enter the user’s name in the search bar, then on their account page, you will see the “message” option. Click on it to send the message. If you are not connected with the user, you will have to send a welcome message first.
The second option to do so is to send the message via LinkedIn Messaging.
Here are some handy tips to use when using LinkedIn messaging.
First, click on the “Messaging” option.
Now, in the search bar, enter the person’s name that you want to send a message. Though, this will only work if you are connected with the person or contacted him/her previously.
Now, you can write your new message and send it to the recipient.
Besides, CRM tools are simple to use and come with various handy features such as:
- It allows you to schedule a conversation and set reminders.
- Allows you to filter out your conversations. You can also organize your contact list in a much better way.
How to track sent messages on LinkedIn?
It is simple and you can find your sent messages through LinkedIn messaging. However, if you are using any free CRM or any third-party messaging system for LinkedIn, you can retrieve sent messages from those tools as well.
How to delete LinkedIn messages?
Here is the most common question: how can you delete a message from your LinkedIn messaging? Follow these steps to do so:
- First, navigate to your LinkedIn profile page.
- Next, look for the messaging and click on it.
- Now, highlight the message that you want to delete.
- Look for the three tiny dots and click on them.
- Hit the “delete” button, and it’s done.
Now, if you want to delete a whole conversation, you can do that as well. Follow these steps to delete an entire conversation on LinkedIn:
- First, click on the 3 dots that you will find on the screen’s top right side.
- Now, click on the “Remove” button, and it’s done!
What happens when you delete a message on LinkedIn?
You will see this message when you delete a message. Besides, the other person will also view the same message:
“USER NAME: This message has been deleted.”
However, remember that not all social media platforms offer this option, but it’s a handy one that you can use for various purposes. When you delete or edit the message from your end, the other person will not see what you had written in the message.
Why am I unable to delete LinkedIn messages?
In some cases, you can’t delete the message. This is because you are too late!
LinkedIn allows you to delete your sent message within an hour, not more than that. After one hour, your message will get saved on LinkedIn permanently, and you cannot remove it anymore.
For instance, if you sent the message to any contact 3 hours ago, you can no longer delete or edit the message.
What can you do then?
We will advise you to use the archive feature if you want to make things clearer.
That’s it. If you want to delete the message from your contact’s message, it will not be possible.
Where are archived messages stored on LinkedIn?
To retrieve your archived messages on LinkedIn, follow these steps:
- First, go to the “Messaging” feature.
- Now, look for the “Filter” icon and click on it.
- Here you will see the “Archives” option.
Furthermore, if you want to restore the archive messages, follow this method:
- Hit the “Archives” option.
- Now, click on the three small dots on the front side of the message.
- Now you will see the “Restore” option; click on it to restore them.
Can I edit my message on LinkedIn?
Yes, you can, and it is easy:
- First, click on the three tiny dots.
- Next, click on the “edit” button.
- From here, you can edit your messages.
- In the end, hit the “Record” button to save the message.
The thing to remember here is that if you sent the message an hour ago, you could not edit the message now.
Are LinkedIn messages and conversations private?
Remember that all of your comments on any post are not private, and others can view them. On the other hand, the messages that you have sent via LinkedIn messaging are entirely private.
So, do not worry, as no one can view the message except yourself and the person you are having a conversation with.
So let’s conclude the matter by resuming the situation:
- You can effortlessly send messages by navigating to a LinkedIn page, or you can use LinkedIn messaging.
- You have the option to organize your messages via any third-party tool or CRM.
- You can also remove a whole conversation apart from a particular message.
- Lastly, LinkedIn allows you to edit your messages.