Selecting a perfect time to start a new conversation is not that easy. To help things easier for you, LinkedIn allows you to view who in your network is available and online at the moment. In simple words, you can now view other’s LinkedIn active status.
If you see a small green status circle next to their profile image, it means the contact is currently online, and you can talk to them.
Below you will find:
- How is the active status represented on LinkedIn?
- How to activate or deactivate your LinkedIn active status?
How is the active status represented on LinkedIn?
Having a solid green dot or circle next to a contact’s name or profile image on LinkedIn messaging means that the contact is available and online on LinkedIn. They will instantly receive notifications when you message them.
Furthermore, a hollow green circle shows that this particular contact is not active or available on LinkedIn, but they can receive your notifications. Similarly, the active status can also be seen from your mobile.
If you see no circle, it means that the person is not active and does not have his/her notifications enabled.
Messaging is a vital feature that facilitates smooth communication, especially on a business platform like LinkedIn. It allows you to remain in contact with your prospects, clients, recruiters, and more.
However, keep in mind that if you send too many messages daily, LinkedIn will count it as spam. So, be careful and play wisely.
Lastly, the LinkedIn status feature is activated by default. However, you can enable or disable the feature by yourself quickly without any problem.
How can you activate or deactivate your LinkedIn active status?
- First, click your LinkedIn profile image and from the drop-down menu, click on the “You” icon, then go to the “Preferences and Privacy” option.
- Now, click on the “Visibility” feature, and in the sub-heading, you will see the “Visibility of your activity on LinkedIn” option, click on it.
- Then go to the “Manage active status” option and select “Change.”
- From here, you can select who can view your LinkedIn active status. You can set your status visibility for your connections only, all LinkedIn users, or nobody.
Remember that changes usually take up to 30 minutes to take effect. Similarly, if you turn off your LinkedIn active status, you cannot view others’ status as well.
Does the green mark on LinkedIn shows that someone is online?
Yes. A green circle status means the contact is online on LinkedIn right now.
What does the green and white circle represent on LinkedIn?
If you see a green and white circle, it means that the contact is not online right now. However, they can get your notifications.